Monday, December 21, 2020

A Little Track Work......

Just to prove that I am actually accomplishing things, here's what five years get's you down on the waterfront.....

Circa 2015


Circa 2020


Nothing ground breaking, but if I can ever get a real track plan drawn up (any takers?), what I changed in the second photo allows for better train/car movements, though I wish I could have added one more set of crossovers....oh well, we can't fit everything!


Well, actually, yes, I have been. The wiring is mostly done (special thanks to friends Dave Abeles for the loan of a resistance soldering station, and Tom Schmieder for a short circuit detector, which is a good thing I haven't had any of, because I still can't find where I put it!), and now all that needs laying is my stylized version of Phillips St. Interlocking (where the LV crossed the CNJ, just west of the riverfront yards) which leads into staging, and of course, staging itself.  But that'll have to wait until later in 2021 after I return from Virginia for training for a new job. So, stay tuned and stay safe, 2021 is going to have some trains running for a full op session for the first time since 2014!

~ Ralph





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see, better days ahead!
--Stuart C.