Thursday, November 10, 2011

Welcome to the Lehigh Valley Harbor Terminal's New Home!

Hello! I'm Ralph Heiss, I'd like to welcome you to my HO scale version of  the Lehigh Valley Railroad's New York Harbor operations, set in 1951 on the Hudson River in Jersey City, New Jersey.

I was recently inspired by my good friend Ted DiIorio and his own Ma&Pa Blog (http://maparr1943.blogspot.com/) to finally bring my layout and all the work that has been done to a bigger audience, other than my current Yahoo Group and Facebook pages. What I'd like to "bring to the table" here is some of my experiences and construction techniques (and failures!) in the 8+ years that I have been working on the layout. I'll follow up shortly with some prototype history, as well as some layout stats, and of course, lots and lots of pictures.

So with that being said, please come on up to the wheelhouse of the Lehigh Valley's tugboat Cornell, and join me as we navigate the rails and water surrounding the NJ/NY waterfront circa 1951, in 1/87th scale!

Ralph Heiss

No comments: